In January of this year, I stepped into a new role at HPCUMC as the Pastor of Mission and Outreach. Over the last year, I have been energized at the opportunity to engage with and serve alongside multiple generations at Hyde Park as we put our faith into action locally, nationally, and globally.
As you step into this next year, I invite you to take the next step in faith if you are not already serving. There are many ways and opportunities to serve in meaningful ways that correspond to your gifts, talents, and passions. Whether you find yourself wanting to focus on relationships, on the front lines, or serve behind the scenes – there is a place for YOU! Serving is a great way to make a big church feel smaller by building relationships with people you serve alongside.
While the list of ways to support ministry goes on and on – here are some highlights of areas that need your support:
• Being a friendly visitor to a home bound member and visit 1-2 times a month
• Take communion to a home bound member – offered 3 times/year
• Be on the program committee to plan speakers, entertainment, and local trips for the 2020-2021 Senior Adult Ministry
• Share the Good News with youth at the Hamilton Juvenile Detention Center on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings – it is offered weekly and can serve monthly
• Prepare and serve a meal to our neighbors at Madisonville Education Center on the 4th Monday of every month
• Tutor a 5th grade student at Rothenberg in writing and reading weekly on Tuesday or Thursday (9:20-10:10a or 1:10-2:00p)
• Be part of the 25th house build for the Shalom Coalition starting in the Spring of 2020 – no experience required and building days are during the week and on Saturdays
If any of these opportunities spark your interest, I would love to have a conversation with you to share more details about how to get connected! Please reach out to me at email@example.com or on Sunday mornings!
As you step into this new year, perhaps God is calling you to something new!