Found House Families
at Hyde Park Community UMC
Hyde Park Community UMC has a longstanding partnership with Found House Interfaith Housing Network (formally Interfaith Hospitality Network) serving as a host congregation for 5 weeks a year serving up to 4 families at a time. Through our partnership with Found House we are working to ensure families have access to temporary shelter and connect families to the housing they deserve. While we are housing and hosting families throughout the year, we are in need of people to provide donations for meals and supplies and be onsite with the families.
July 2 - 9
November 12 - 19
Behind the scene serve opportunities include:
- Helping to set up the rooms and kitchen for the host week
- Taking bedding/towels on Sunday and washing them
- Providing food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Providing supplies to make people’s stay more comfortable (hygiene items, children’s activities, etc.)
Onsite opportunities to serve:
- Dinner Hosts (5:00-7:00p) Help set up and serve dinner. Enjoy dinner with the families, help with clean and packing lunches for the next day and visit with families and play with children after dinner. You are welcome to stay after dinner, just also sign up for After Dinner Host as well. 2-4 people needed each night.
- After Dinner Hosts (6:00-8:00p) Stay after dinner (if you joined as a Dinner Host – make sure you sign up for both please) or join after dinner to spend time with families and play with the children. 2 people needed each night.
- Overnight Hosts (8:00p-appox. 7:00a next day) Stay the night (in your own room with your own bed) at the church and assist families in the morning with breakfast before they leave for the Day Center. 1-2 people needed each night.
Rev. Kate Smith
Pastor of Mission & Outreach
If you are interested in participating in our global outreach efforts, please contact Rev. Kate Smith, our pastor of mission and outreach.