What is Summer Impact?
Last year's partners:
- A camp run at Wesley Chapel Mission Center in OTR
- Lunch and fellowship with the women from Off the Streets and the Anna Louise Inn
- The summer camp at Stepping Stones
- Service work (cleaning, sorting, etc) and literacy program at Madisonville Education and Assistance Center
- Providing lunch and then hanging out with the residents at the Center for Respite Care
- Cleaning and organizing and/or going on the deliveries of furniture with New Life Furniture
- Creating the boxes for the Meals on Wheels program
- Cleaning and organizing at the Over-the-Rhine Community Church facility
- Serving and eating lunch with the Seniors at the Hyde Park Center for Older Adults
This year will run similarly, though there may be alterations, additions, or deletions depending on the needs of our ministry partners. Interns will have experience working with each of the ministry partners. They will be knowledgable our partner's ministry and able to answer questions that your group may have (things like where is the bathroom, what kind of program do they run, what do we need to bring today, etc). Interns will serve alongside their team.
After serving each day we come back to the campus for showering, dinner, etc. Then we head out for worship (or on Wednesday – our team free night). We worship together and teams then have the remainder of the evening for free time (at the direction of your intern).
Come experience serving in the city alongside your friends! Growth and memories await!