We believe the next generation of church leaders have gifts to share, spirits to nurture, and dreams to fulfill. Summer Impact provides an 8 week summer internship experience in Cincinnati, Ohio for 3 to 5 young adults.
As a way to deepen your love and understanding of God while exploring God’s call on your life, interns will lead groups in serving, worship, and reflection. The goal is that this experience will further your discipleship of Jesus, deepen your leadership abilities, and encourage meaningful Christian service throughout your life. You will be mentored, challenged, and motivated throughout the summer.
Interns need to be at least 18 years old and one year out of high school.
Qualities Needed of an Intern:
- A love of God and others
- A heart for service
- Desire to build relationships
- Thrives working on a team
- Willingness to be challenged and stretched in areas of faith, leadership, service, and relationships
- Teachable spirit
- Help create and lead meaningful morning Bible studies and evening worship services
- Lead team in morning/evening meal preparation and clean up
- Build relationships with teams, facilitating small as well as larger group bonding
- Facilitate and guide any team downtime (generally in the evenings). Be present with the teams.
- Facilitate shower time (when needed)
- Lead assigned team in daily service opportunity with one (or two) of our ministry partners
- Leading by example in order to encourage each person to serve with an open heart to meet the needs of others and to try and find opportunities for service in any given situation
- Answer any questions that teams may have about what to expect while serving, or what they will need to prepare/bring with them
- Communicate any changes in scheduling to teams
- Partner with leaders from team to handle any issues that arise
- Serve as the contact liaison between your team and Kate, office staff, maintenance, etc.
What to Expect:
The work is demanding. The days are long. The pace is fast. The conditions are far from luxurious. But, the rewards are truly life-changing. You will see the lives changed and the hearts transformed. Best of all, you will know that for one entire summer, you did all you could and gave everything you had to serve alongside others and serve God.
While groups are present (Sunday afternoon – Friday afternoon) the days will start early and end late. When the team leaves on Friday, interns have that evening through Sunday afternoon (before groups arrive) as time off. Attending church (at Hyde Park Community UMC, The Warehouse, or another faith community) is expected as a way to continue to grow as a disciple.
Intern application and 3 references is due Saturday, February 15, 2020.Intern Application Returning Intern Application Reference Form
$2,500 – $3,500* stipend PLUS housing at the church for the entire summer program, food when teams are on campus, and up to 1o Summer Impact t-shirts. Interns are required to live on site for the duration of training, Summer Program, and debriefing.
*Compensation will be determined when the position is offered.
Intern Applications and References Due by: February 15, 2020
Interviews at HPCUMC: TBD (plan for early March)
Summer Intern Team 2020 Announced by: March 30
Intern Move-in for Summer Program: June 5
Training: June 5 – 12
First Summer Impact Team Arrives: June 14
Last Summer Impact Team Leaves: July 24
Exit Interviews/Summer Wrap-up: July 27 – 31
Intern Move out: July 31
If you have any questions, please contact Kate Smith at email@example.com