Keeping You Safe
As we reflect upon the journey we’ve made together over the past three months we are grateful for your faithfulness to the Great Commandment, and new commandment: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength; the second is like it, love your neighbor as yourself.”
…And We’re Back! Starting October 4th we will have in-person worship at 9:30am & 11:00am.
September 18, 2020
The COVID-19 Task Force met on Thursday, September 10, to discuss resuming In-Person worship, and guidelines for doing so. Subsequently, the Task Force recommended to the Servant Leadership Board, and the Servant Leadership Board approved, resuming In-Person worship October 4, under the following guidelines:
Guidelines for In-Person Worship
- Masks will be required at all times.
- No gathering before or after service.
- No more than 100 persons per service.
- Social safe distancing will be observed at all times.
- Free-standing hand sanitizing stations will be placed at each entrance.
- Hymnals, Bibles, and items in the Hymnal Racks will be removed from the pews (words to hymns will be projected on the screens).
- Friendship pads will not be passed.
- Offering plates will be placed at the entrances and base of the chancel (no passing plate).
- Communion will be offered with self-contained, individual cup/wafer.
- Ushers will wear masks, greet and seat people, pass out masks, and exit persons safely.
- Bulletins will be laid out for individuals to pick up if desired.
- Screens will be used to assist/guide worship.
- Until further notice all pew cushions will be removed.
- Nursery and Sunday School will not be offered
- Nursery and Children’s Sunday school is indefinitely suspended.
- Worshipers will sign in prior to entering the sanctuary.
- We encouraged you to bring your personal hymnal and Bible.
- No “passing of the peace”.
- only worship leaders may sing
- one-way directional traffic will be observed (entering from the south, exiting on the north) with the exception of persons with special needs
- worshippers must sit in pews designated by worship time (9:30 or 11:00)
- individuals may bring their own coffee with lids into the sanctuary; coffee fellowship will not be offered
- Persons with a cold, flu-like symptoms and/or fever greater than 100 degrees should stay home and worship online.
Once a meeting adjourns and the space is vacant it will be cleaned in the following manner:
Clean all hard surfaces of furniture (tables and chairs), writing boards, and electronics with a general-purpose cleaner in order to. remove the necessary dirt. (The product will be Fastball general purpose cleaner.)
- Clean all hard surfaces of furniture (tables and chairs), writing boards, and electronics with a general-purpose cleaner in order to. remove the necessary dirt. (The product will be Fastball general purpose cleaner.)
- Spray all hard surfaces with disinfectant to the point it will remain wet for a minimum of 10 minutes. The surfaces will be allowed to air dry. If time restraints will not allow for air drying, the surfaces may be wiped dry, as long as the disinfectant has been allowed to sit wet for a minimum of 10 minutes. (The disinfectant will be Subtle 4, an EPA registered disinfectant.)
- The floors will be swept and mopped with Maintain Neutral Cleaner and allowed to air dry.
- A sign will be placed on the door identifying that the room has been disinfected and is ready for use. Once the meeting has begun a facility staff member will remove the sign from the outside of the door.
- EPA-registered disinfectants, particularly on high-touch surfaces such as faucets, toilets, doorknobs and light switches.
Rev. Dr. Cathy Johns, Rev. Doug Johns,
& The Servant Leadership Board of Hyde Park Community UMC