Grace and peace in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! I pray this finds you well as we continue to navigate the uncharted waters of COVID-19. I hope that you are enjoying these days of early summer. Thank you for your extravagant generosity in the face of COVID-19, despite our inability to gather face to face as a community! Your faithful financial support of the ministry and mission of Hyde Park Community/The Warehouse is a gift that keeps giving in these critical days of uncertainty. Because you gave . . .
• A daily devotion: “It is Well” is offered by Pastor Cathy, Pastor Doug, Pastor Dave, Pastor Kate, Pastor Pete Rudowski and Pastor Michael Vilardo. Visit our website, hydeparkchurch.org, to hear a short message of encouragement
• HPCUMC partnered with UMC Foods to distribute meals to children as a way to stand in the gap while schools were closed and children were learning from home. We provided meals for the Hyde Park/Mt. Lookout/Oakley/Madisonville area, at The Warehouse, our second campus in Over-The-Rhine, and at State Avenue UMC serving the Lower Price Hill neighborhood on the west side of Cincinnati. We distributed 8,008 meals, by 124 volunteers.
•“Project 5000” bags (non-perishable food items) were given to MEAC,our partner in Madisonville, along with financial support for their food pantry.
•We continue to partner with Inter-Faith Hospitality Network (IHN) finding creative ways to meet the needs of homeless families.
•Both HPC and The Warehouse are able to offer inspiring Live-Stream worship, keeping us connected as a faith community.
•The Warehouse has offered Tuesday Table Talks – a weekly live stream program dealing with life issues compounded by COVID-19.
•We continue to strive to meet the needs of our homebound through weekly contact.
• A ministry to contact members of both HPC and The Warehouse by phone, email, or text keeps us connected.
• Small groups and Sunday School classes are meeting by Zoom.
• The Children’s ministry sends weekly resources to families for their use at home.
• Children/families encouraged our elderly quarantined in retirement centers and at home with cards/pictures.
In these days of unknowing and uncertainty the mission and ministry of HPCUMC continues in life transforming and powerful ways. Your continued support is essential. You can give in any of the following ways: 1. Go to our website and give online; 2. Use your bank’s “Bill Pay” feature; 3. Ann Lawson, Director of Finance, can assist you: call and leave a voice mail, or email: email@example.com. In this new reality we find ourselves we are God’s light, love and hope to the world. Thank you, it is a privilege to serve in ministry with you!