The mission of Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church is to share the love of Jesus to transform lives, Cincinnati and the world.
Employment Opportunities at Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church
Family Ministry Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Dana Calhoun, Director of Family Ministry, Forward your resume to Dana Calhoun at email@example.com. Resume deadline is July 1, 2019. Status: Part Time (15 hours, including Sunday hours)
The Family Ministry Administrative Assistant will assist both the Director of Family Ministry and the Assistant Family Ministry Director. This position will help the Family Ministry by performing weekly administrative tasks and using organization tools to create a vibrant Family Ministry at HPCUMC.
Commitment to Jesus Christ, serving on a team committed to excellence, and dedication to the mission of Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church sharing the love of Jesus to transform lives, Cincinnati, and the world.
- Sunday Morning Children’s Ministry assistant – co-teach and lead opening worship segment in Sunday school and be able to lead a Children’s Moment when needed.
- Social Media/communications
- Administrative tasks – updating database, creating sign-up genius links, weekly email reminders to leadership teams, monthly credit card statements and more.
- Organize and collect all weekly Sunday school materials
- Assist Family Ministry in preparing and executing events and special programs
- Coordinate Acolyte Program
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences, including parents, volunteers and staff.
- Oversee and update of website and other social media outlets
- Demonstrate competency in use of social media
- Ability to relate well to children and adults and nurture positive relationships
- Demonstrated love of children and call to Children’s Ministry
- Teaching experience preferred
The Family Ministry Administrative Assistant will: Report to the Director of Family Ministry, and will be a part of the Discipleship Ministry Team.
The Family Ministry Administrative Assistant will be held accountable for the following staff commitments:
- Commitment to Jesus Christ. The expectation is that we will live and respond as Christians because Jesus Christ is the authority of our lives.
Commitment to the mission of Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church: sharing the love of Jesustotransformlives,Cincinnatiandtheworld. All work should align with the mission of Hyde Park Community UMC, as the congregation works to implement strategic objectives and goals.
- There is also the expectation of aligning all work with the areas of focus of the United Methodist Church:
- Leader Development,
- New places for new people
- Engage in ministry with people of poverty
- Address the needs of Global Health
- Commitment to team ministry
- There is trust of other team members
- Engagement in unfiltered conflict around ideas
- Commitment to decisions and plans of action
- Hold one another accountable for delivering plans of action
- Focus upon the achievement of collective goals/results
- Commitment to excellence in all areas of responsibility
All that we do in regard to work and relationships reflects Christ.