The mission of Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church is to share the love of Jesus to transform lives, Cincinnati and the world.
Employment Opportunities at Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church
Position: Director of Youth and College Ministry (Full-Time)
Hyde Park Community United Methodist, in suburban Cincinnati, seeks an energetic, Christ-centered leader for our youth and college age young adults. He/She will be responsible for directing and leading an engaging program for youth, grades 7 -12, and college age young adults. The Director will recruit, nurture, and develop a team of adult leaders who will assist in helping youth and college age young adults to deepen their walk with Christ by focusing on discipleship, leadership, service, and worship. The Director of Youth and College Ministry will report to the Pastor/Director of Discipleship Ministries, and work closely with the Discipleship Ministry Team.
- Build dynamic youth and college age young adult ministries that inspires youth and college age young adults to invite their friends to join them
- Build authentic relationships, and engage youth and college age young adults both when they attend Church and in the world they live
- Create a welcoming culture that attracts new people
- Develop leaders among the youth and college age young adults at Hyde Park Community UMC and collaborating with them to provide creative, relational ways to build authentic Christian community
- Develop faith-forming experiences through retreats, events, Confirmation, Sunday mornings and evenings for youth
- Develop a process in supporting college students and to keep them connected to the church
- Recruit, nurture, and train a team of adult leaders who feel called to share their unique gifts with youth and college age young adults
- Create mission opportunities for youth and college age young adults to participate in hands-on-mission experiences through local service opportunities and an annual mission trip.
- Partner with music staff to create powerful worship experiences for youth and college age young adults
- Liaison to scouting program
- Proficient communicator including, but not limited to: the majority of social media platforms, email, oral, written and visual communication. Experience with ACS church software, a plus.
- Establish and manage an annual budget for youth and college age young adults ministry
- Possess outstanding organizational skills while constantly maintaining and updating information on all youth and college age young adults
- Attend staff meetings twice a month
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree, preferably in related field
- Demonstrated experience in serving as a leader who built and grew an engaging program for youth is essential
- Able to lead and plan programming, mobilizing and utilizing teams of servant volunteers
- Possess a highly relational approach to ministry, able to communicate one-on-one and in large groups with effectiveness and fruitfulness
- Serve with enthusiasm as a member of a Christ-centered, mission-driven team, that is committed to serving with excellence as the hands and feet of Christ
The Director of Youth and College Ministry will report to the Pastor/Director of Discipleship Ministries, and be held accountable for the following staff commitments:
- Commitment to the mission of Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church: sharing the love of Jesustotransformlives,Cincinnatiandthe
- There is also the expectation of aligning all work with the areas of focus of the United Methodist Church:
- New places for new people.
- Engage in ministry with people ofpoverty
- Address the needs of Global Health
- Commitment to team ministry
- There is trust of other teammembers
- Engagement in unfiltered conflict aroundideas
- Commitment to decisions and plans of action
- Hold one another accountable for delivering plans of action
- Focus upon the achievement of collective goals/results
- Commitment to excellence.
Resumes must be received by Nov. 30, 2018. Send to Rev. Dave Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org.