Employment Opportunities at Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church
The mission of Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church is to share the love of Jesus to transform lives, Cincinnati and the world.
Position: Receptionist and Ministry Assistant (Full Time)
1. General Description
The Receptionist and Ministry Assistant is the face and voice of HPCUMC to the community. The receptionist is responsible for greeting people in person and on the phone, offering assistance as requested and/or needed. The Ministry assistant will support the Senior Pastor (s), Administration, Connecting, Discipleship and Worship/Music ministry areas of the church in ordering supplies/materials, taking registrations; and will be the staff point person for scheduling of rooms and events. The Receptionist and Ministry Assistant will report to the Director of Administration.
2. Staff Commitments
Commitment to serving on a team committed to excellence, and dedication to the mission of Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church: sharing the love of Jesus to transform lives, Cincinnati and the world.
- Greet congregation members and guests caring for their needs as requested and/or appropriate.
- Answer the phone, caring for requests/needs per request and/or as appropriate.
- Respond to/direct phone messages as appropriate.
- See that office phone message is changed for Holidays and/or when church is closed.
- Act as the staff point person for scheduling of rooms and events in MRM/ACS Facility Scheduler.
- Daily Distribute mail to all mailboxes.
- Daily check faxes, general voicemail and email, and respond accordingly.
- Oversee Office Equipment and request service when necessary, including but not limited to, the postage machine (add money when needed and provide Director of Finance with a monthly report), copy and folding machines.
- Oversee, and coordinate with volunteers, the weekly mailing of the Order of Worship to homebound and those who have requested it.
- Church Vans: Schedule use in MRM/ACS Facility Scheduler, maintain usage forms including verification of insurance coverage, distribute keys and provide a report to the Director of Finance after each use.
- Track office supply inventory and order office supplies as needed.
- Maintain and distribute to all staff updated Contact List as changes happen.
- Recruit volunteers for coverage of front desk in the Receptionist’s absence.
- Post Staff birthday list each month, send birthday and get well cards when needed.
- Distribute Food boxes as necessary, including but not limited to, taking information from person’s in need, and informing the Community Ministry/Global Outreach Assistant when inventory is low.
- Support the Senior Pastor (s), Administration, Discipleship and Worship/Music ministry areas of the church as requested, including but not limited to, event registration, and ordering material.
- Other duties as assigned.
4. Qualifications and Skills
- Gifts of hospitality and Administration
- Relational, warm and welcoming personality
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to create and implement processes
- Ability to learn MRM and ACS church management software.
- Experience with Microsoft products, including but not limited to: Word and Excel.
5. Accountability The Receptionist and Ministry Assistant will:
A. Report to the Director of Administration.
B. Be held accountable for the following staff commitments:
- Commitment to the mission of Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church: sharing the love of Jesus to transform lives, Cincinnati and the
- There is also the expectation of aligning all work with the areas of focus of the United Methodist Church:
- Leader Development,
- New places for new people
- Engage in ministry with people of poverty
- Address the needs of Global Health
- Commitment to team ministry
- There is trust of other team members
- Engagement in unfiltered conflict around ideas
- Commitment to decisions and plans of action
- Hold one another accountable for delivering plans of action
- Focus upon the achievement of collective goals/results
- Commitment to excellence in all areas of responsibility
- All that we do in regard to work and relationships reflects Christ.
- Commitment/loyalty to the Equipping Team
Position: Nursery Worker
The Children and Family Ministry at Hyde Park Community/Over the Rhine Community UMC is seeking loving, relational and qualified nursery workers for our Sunday mornings (8:00am to 12:30pm) and weekly hourly childcare needs to minister to children and families at our Hyde Park Community and Nast Community campuses. Must be 18 years old. Must be able to lift 25 pounds. Our nursery is for children ages 4 weeks to 2 years old. We provide a safe and nurturing environment complete with age appropriate Bible lessons and crafts to communicate the love of Jesus to our littlest ones. Compensation is $10.00 an hour. Please send resumes and a cover letter Dave Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org.