As the Servant Leadership Board prepares to approve our 2020 budget we continue to receive commitments and invite you, if you have not done so, to invest in the mission and ministry of Hyde Park Community by submitting your 2020 commitment. Your commitment helps HPCUMC appropriately forecast anticipated income. You can make your commitment online, via the website, or by mailing your commitment card to the church office. We are grateful for your generosity over this past year that has allowed our ministries at HPC to flourish, and look forward to 2020. Because you gave in 2019:
• The Senior Adult Ministry offered: “Walking with Paul” a Health and Wellness program; and a Blood Drive resulting in 114 potential lives saved.
• Partnering with MEAC (Madisonville Education and Assistance Center), over 901 unduplicated households were served across all MEAC programs; and 163 households in crisis were served with Emergency Financial Assistance.
• HPC partnering with IHN (Interfaith Hospitality Network) provided 1,820 bed nights and 5,460 meals over the course of a year.
• Summer Impact connected 154 people (13 different groups, from3 different states) in ministry, offering the light of Christ to the most vulnerable.
• We partnered with the Summer Reading Camp and Wesley Chapel Mission Center to improve and enhance the reading abilities of at-risk children in OTR. The class average is 281% improvement in sounding out words, 15% in reading words and 44% in oral reading fluency. This is in contrast to the 10% summer learning loss for children in under-resourced neighborhoods.
• Our Preschool maintains the highest ranking in the State of Ohio (5 star), with over 97 children participating in the Summer Camp.
• Our Adult Discipleship Ministry, through 5 Sunday morning classes, 4 midweek classes, 10 Bi-weekly Connect Groups and 2 retreats, deepened the relationships of 2,442 lives with God and one another.
• 237 children lead by over 100 volunteers learned about and embraced God’s Unfailing Love through Vacation Bible School: “ROAR”.
• The Organ Concert Series begins its Sixteenth season hosting internationally acclaimed concert artists.
• Inspiring worship is offered weekly through music and the spoken word.
We look forward to what God will do through HPCUMC in 2020 as we “bid Welcome” to all God calls beloved, partnering with God in God’s acts of new creation!
Pastors Cathy and Doug