In light of the continuing spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) I take this opportunity to communicate our current and developing plans for addressing healthy habits and maximizing efforts to prevent the spread of harmful germs. The staff and leadership will continue to monitor and follow the guidance of the US Center for Disease Control in our response to coronavirus. The following are actions each of us can take to ensure our personal health and the health of those around us:
US Center for Disease Control and The Ohio Department of Health recommends precautions used for reducing the risk of infection for other illnesses, such as flu:
• Wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. If unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home while you are sick (except to visit a health care professional) and to avoid contact with others.
• Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
• Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
HPCUMC encourages the following practices as we worship, learn and fellowship with one another over the next couple of months:
• Our janitorial crew is diligently cleaning common areas with appropriate sanitizing agents.
• Holy Communion in April 5 and Maundy Thursday (May 3 if warranted) will be served using individually wrapped wafer and cup.
• As we greet one another at the beginning of our worship we encourage you to either bow, or bump elbows.
• If you need to stay home on Sunday morning join us for worship via our Live Stream (9:30 and 11:00 worship). Go to hydeparkcurch.org – click on Media, click on Live Stream, or Facebook (Hyde Park Community). Be sure to let us know you are worshiping via Live Stream by recording your attendance.
• Give On Line or by using the QR code found in this issue of News and Happenings. The mission and ministry of HPC depends on your financial investment. Your faithful giving to HPC will ensure that the transforming ministries of HPC continue, as we strive to be God’s light and love to Cincinnati and the world.
We are a multi-generational church family, as each of us takes care of our personal health we participate in caring for those who have vulnerable immune systems. Together we can help prevent/minimize the spread of the coronavirus. I look forward to seeing you in Church.