Lessons from Dogs
Dogs help us understand God. They help us see how God operates. Here are a few examples:
- They are always happy to welcome you home. No matter how far away you strayed from the path, like a prodigal daughter or son, they rejoice when you come home.
- They just want to hang out with you. Your presence is what they love, longing for time to simply be together.
- They are happy to rescue you from harm. Dogs are trained to go over mountains and over rivers to pull people out of danger to safety.
- Dogs are faithful. A good dog will never leave you or forsake you.
- Dogs, like God, are all about giving. Their sole purpose is to love you.
This Sunday, I invite you to consider what it really means to follow Jesus, who is the Christ.
Who knows?! The dogs may be pointing us in the right direction!
Pastor Cathy Johns